Thursday, December 23, 2010

TRON Legacy blew me away

Wow. That's all I can say. TRON Legacy blew my doors off. It was like the ultimate blend of all my favorite media, rolled up into one Rave-like trance (sans the drugs, my little droogies).

Imagine a mash-up of a videogame + a comic book + a hardcore SciFi movie + Daft Punk!

This thing was part Star Wars, part Matrix. There was a nice visual homage to the final scene of 2001: A Space Odyssey. It was part THX 1138, part Clockwork Orange. And yet, it was all TRON - true to the original, but updated for modern sensibilities. This thing was dope. The electro-pop-punk soundtrack alone is worth going to see the movie in a theater ... then on top of that you get super sick 3D action.

Disney did a great job on this. Garret Hedlund and Olivia Wilde do very nice jobs as the leading man and romantic interest, respectively. Those two truly own the screen throughout the film.

I could go on and on about this movie. In short, it had a very spiritual, cosmic angle to complement all the electronica eye candy, and that is right up my alley, true believers. Go see for yourselves ... consider it an early Christmas gift, to yourself.