Monday, August 16, 2010

Mental communication through the universe

Today was a monumental day for Star Wars fans. Today, George Lucas revealed a deleted scene from Return of the Jedi.



In the scene, Darth Vader is seen in his meditation chamber, calling out for Luke, via the Force. Essentially Vader is pleading for Luke to join him in the Dark Side of the Force. Luke is millions of light years away on the planet Tatooine, putting the final touches on his new green lightsaber. There is a visible pause, as Luke looks up slightly from under his dark brown cowl to listen to the message as it comes to him via space and time. Darth Vader knows he has broken through to Luke. The son chooses to ignore the invitation from his father, and proceeds to ignite his green sword. The scene ends.

Star Wars fans are going nuts.

I am going nuts because I believe in this form of mental communication. I believe that if you concentrate hard enough, you can transcend the physical plane of reality as we know it. There is a way to connect with others, on this Earth, and otherwise. Perhpas it is not so silly to think that our prayers make it up to God. Perhaps it is not too silly to think that we can re-connect with friends and family that have crossed to the otherside. Sometimes I dream that I am talking to one of my best friend from high school that died during our 1st year of college. As I was told by a psychic, my high school friend and I shared a communication portal due to some sleepovers that connected us in the dream realm when he was still alive.

This new Star Wars scene is exciting as a SciFi fan, but also as a believer in the meta-physical possibilities that lie just beyond our scope of human understanding. Where there is a will there is a way. I will keep practicing the ways of the Force, so don't be surprised if you get a mental voicemail from me, in my best Darth Vader voice:

"Join me, it is your ... destiny."