Saturday, August 14, 2010

Listen to your Heart: quiet storm & house-techno versions

I heard this song on the radio the other day, for the first time in a loooong time. Then I also heard the techno remix version. Funny how the context can be so different, depending on the genre. The first is soooo 102.9 FM "The Quiet Storm, for lovers only" and the second is straight-up old school San Jose 99.7 FM "dance techno hour." The message is the same: listen to your heart.



Here's the more modern version that has also had some airplay from DHT:



The moral of today's story: trust your emotions. Trust your gut. As the great Roger Ebert once said, "your mind may be confused, but your emotions will NEVER lie to you." I've learned to really trust my intuition over the last couple of years. Where as my logical thoughts want to create lists of pros and cons, deep inside, every cell of my body already knows what the right answer is. My mind may try to rationalize ... but my heart and gut already know the truth. The body often knows more than the brain, because your cells are connected to the Universal Truth, and often know infinitely more than your consciousness can ever comprehend. Deep down, you know the meaning of life and whether or not there is a God - even if your mind can't figure it out.

Confused? Don't be: trust your intuitions, they are ALWAYS right.