Wednesday, December 23, 2009

My 400th Post: Man, I LOVE Christmas Break

I'm floating on a cloud right now. The Christmas tree is lit, Star Wars is on TV, gifts are being wrapped and I have a the lastest Captain America comic book in hand. I'm sipping orange-flavored Sunkist soda with a splash of my favorite spirit (to add some holiday cheer to the mix, true believers).

Earlier, my daughter and I had a lightsaber battle with my life-like Force FX lightsabers (I had red, she had blue ... then we switched and she demanded that Princess Leia is allowed to use a red sword, so I allowed it). After that, I read her a new comic book version of Alice in Wonderland and she was off to bed.

I'm having my cake and eating it too. I had a good day at work, tied up a TON of loose ends and got out of there early enough to beat the insane mall traffic that jams up the parking lot in my office complex. It feels like a weight is off my shoulders and I can enjoy the next 10 days to eat, drink and be merry without work, e-mails, voicemails and everything else that comes along with a corporate gig.

Tomorrow I'm free to enjoy Christmas Eve with just my immediate family ... it's what I've always wanted. My parents have to wait till Friday, the inlaws get Saturday, then I get Sunday for my boys to come over to eat, drink and play with all of our new videgames and Blu-ray movies.

To top this off, I'm ONE WEEK AWAY from being able to exercise again, after an unexpected surgery and recovery. All is right with the world ... thank you Baby Jesus, 3 Kings and dude that allowed Mary and Joe to stay in the manger.

Here is my gift to you, friends. Check out the AWESOMENESS of this fan-made Star Wars video told by some random chick that has kind of, sort of seen Star Wars ... but not really. May the FORCE and CHRISTMAS be with you!

Star Wars: Retold (by someone who hasn't seen it) from Joe Nicolosi on Vimeo.