Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I AM NOT A ROBOT

This, from Marina & the Diamonds.



This song/video fits in really well with my current obsession (and re-obsession) with "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep," by one of the original titans of Science Fiction, the great Philip K. Dick from right here in Berkeley, Calif. I'm currently reading the 24-part comic book adaptation, which isn't really an adaptation, but a literal word-for-word re-telling of Dick's seminal book. The words are paired with sequential comic book art to complement the story, which is spread out over 24 glorious installments.


The reading of "Androids" has me watching the 1982 film Blade Runner with whole new eyes ... dare I say more vividly open, human eyes now that I have read Dick's brilliant source material?

Here's another vid from Marina & the Diamonds that has nothing to do with Dick, or Blade Runner for that matter, but everything to do with obsessions. Enjoy: