Sunday, April 19, 2009

Cerveza y mangos no son mis amigos


Wow, I can now say I endured the worst stomach ache of my life - for hours and hours and hours ... and hours.

I don't know what possessed me, or why I didn't know better, but in the morning, I ate the skin of a mango - a rare fruit to have on hand at my house. Let's just say you are not supposed to eat the leathery skin of a mango because it will not play nice with your digestive system.

I spent the rest of the day running around Hayward at a photoshoot, at my parents' house, then at a birthday party. I got sun-burned, then over-exposed to air conditioning and it was all bad. Fever. Stomach pain. Sweating. All. Bad.

Then we hustled home to host 3 couples to play Nintendo Wii. Man, was I miserable playing the host. So, after having succesfully gone to the bathroom a couple of times, I thought I was on the road to recovery and enjoyed a drink with my friends to unwind. Wrong move.

Pepto Bismal, Pyramind Hefeweizen and mango skin do not mix nicely. Trust me. It was one of the worst nights of my life. I got to know my toilet face to face and I'm sure my neighbors probably thought there was an alien coming out of my stomach.

Well, I didn't die and I'm hungry enough to eat today. You know what 'they' say: if it doesn't kill you, it can only make you stronger. All in all, I'd rather not be stronger.