Friday, January 23, 2009

Quoth the Raven: "Graphic Novel"

I'm seriously thinking about buying a collection of Edgar Allan Poe's works adapted as comic books, bound into a handsome, hard-bound graphic novel.

I remember being so enraptured by the work of Poe as an elementary and high school student - his short stories were so vivid, I could picture them, like a comic book, in the grottos of my labyrinth of an imagination. I also remember some very 80s-style dramatic-film adaptations of his works that they'd show us via closed circuit TV at Catholic school. I'm yearning to recapture the magic, so I think I'm going to go for it ... all it will cost is a half-off $5.99 price plus shipping + handling, courtesy of the Science Fiction Book Club. Don't snicker, they offered me lots of free stuff to join.