Wednesday, October 22, 2008

New WATCHMEN footage - time to geek out


A couple of weeks ago, I found out that new footage of the 2009 Watchmen movie would be premiered on Spike TV's "Scream 2008" award show. The show targets goths, horror movie fans, SciFi fans and comic book fans ... but really, aren't all these trade functions blurring the lines so much so that they're getting the same audience? I bet "Scream" gets 80% of the audience that you get at ComicCon, WonderCon and that E3 videogame show in Vegas. Here is my point: the star of the "Scream" show was Batman: The Dark Knight, with a special tribute to Heath Ledger and several awards. But I digress.

Anyway, the cast and director of Watchmen presented the new footage last night during the Spike TV telecast and it delivered! Seeing the masked vigilante Rorschach in his signature fedora and trenchcoat sparked a fire in me. My desire to see more is so strong - this little tease will keep me going for another five months until the movie comes out.

Until then, true believers! Keep your attention focused and remember: if you don't watch the watchmen, then who will?