Monday, June 12, 2006

my SKATEY grail

After 15+ years of searching, I have found my grail. The quest is over. I will reclaim the Jeff Grosso "blocks" skateboard and live skately ever after. I first fell in love with this board in the late 80s, when my A's were were winning championships and before I was old enough to drive. I bought a used one off some kid and was very happy for a while. After I moved out of my parent's crib in the late 90s, the old Grosso board got tossed out with the bathwater.

Now, through the magic of the internet and re-releases, I will have a brand-new re-issue of this classic skateboard (although it will come from a new company with a new shape, not the shape by the original producer, Schmidt Stix).

Halleliuah, the search is over. Now ... to find that rubber, inflatable Incredible Hulk that would smash out of its plastic cage ...

1 comment:

Zebigleb said...

Funny blog !