Thursday, May 26, 2005

The ... BEST ... lightsaber ... fights ... EVER



Saw Revenge of the Sith twice now. First time on IMAX, that was okay. Second time in DLP digital projection, freaking beautiful picture and sound. It blew my doors off.

All I can say is that Star Wars III lived up to the hype. I was only dissappointed with the final scene where Darth Vader is finally "born" as a cybernetic human. I would've thought that a man realizing he's trapped in a suit of armor for the rest of his life because he made a deal with the devil and got burned would be way more angry.



Other than that, I was blown away by the number and quality of the lightsaber duels. This was a Star Wars fan's dream. I love the sith/jedi conflicts. The space ship dog fights are cool too, but I live for the ritual and tradition of the sword fights, which are worth the price of admission alone.

All in all, this is a tragic and dark tale. A perfect set up for the original 1977 movie, Star Wars IV "A New Hope." Get out and see it if you haven't!

1 comment:

Martini Love said...

I haven't seen it yet but I am excited!! I have to wait for the crowds to fade before I go!