Saturday, April 16, 2005

No explanation Saturday

Darting here and there ...

That poor lady in Florida, Terri Schiavo, deserved to live. Humans should never decide when each other dies, it's not our job. A kill or be killed situation is a little different because our "fight or flight" instincts take over. But that woman was defenseless.

Pope John Paul II was truly a beacon of light, not just for Catholics, but for all Christians, non-Christians, nations and politicians. He'll be sorely missed.

Our country, maybe even our world, needs to get back to old-fashioned values centered around family, decency and honesty.

I'm worried that radical islamic terrorists are plotting a nuclear attack. Living in a major metro area makes me even more cautious.

If it ever happens, the U.S. would almost have to go into a militant state just to survive. I hope it never comes to that, but who could blame us if push came to shove?

Why do people care more about Britney Spears' or Brad Pitts' lives more than things like having a sound mind, body and soul?

For the first time in my life, I am working in a new job in a truly large corporate environment. Being in the headquarters of a Fortune 500 company makes one feel really small and confused by all of the acronyms. I almost expected someone to ask me why I'm having troubles with my TPS reports. The challenges will be great, but I'm up for it. My boss is from London and he's really cool. I'm sure he'll make this journey worthwhile and full of British humour. Thank you for getting me the gig, Ki.

Th-th-th-th-th-that's all folks.