Monday, April 25, 2005

Comcast is back in my good graces with a DVR that works ... and it works wonders



After a horrible 5-day experience with this machine when it was first rolled out, I am in heaven with this dual-tuner DVR with on-Demand and HDTV. I can record and watch other stuff at the same time, holy moly, I knew it was a great concept, but damn is it awesome in action. We got the HBO package with its 10 HBO channels and we're loving "Curb Your Enthusiasm" as well as the other HBO series available whenever we want with on-Demand.

The NFL Network rules! The top 50 college draft prospects broken down in 5-minute highlight packages available through NFL Network on-Demand? Are you kidding me?

I would write more, but I have to go and catch up on "Battlestar Galactica" and "Spider-man and his Amazing Friends" that the machine recorded while I was away at the new job.

If you can, go out and order your own digital cable/DVR/on-Demand/HDTV tuner. It now comes with component cables for even better quality. You will never want to leave the house, I swear it.

4 comments:

bigdz-blogspot said...

I think you sold me. When I finally wind up in my new home in another month or so, I'll be sure to fire up that package!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you enjoy yours. Mine's a piece of "*". Freezeups, remote control delays, no recordings, recordings erased, many reboots. Comcrap out here again on Saturday to replace. A Tivo in my future perhaps?

O-dogg said...

I feel your pain. The first experience with this machine was terrible. In and out in one week. This time around, it is beautiful, truly beautiful. Better luck with the second try. TiVo is inferior when you consider Comcast's dual tuner. I can't get along without this machine any more.

Admin said...

Great blog, keep up the good work. Glad to see sites like this.

Here is another good site I said I would pass along.
Dish Network
Thanks