Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Naughty Girls Need Love 2?



While waiting for my car to be serviced at the local dealership, I was treated to free drinks from the coffee vending machine and satellite TV in the lobby. The monitor was tuned to VH1 Classic - and boy, was I in for a treat.

Before my very eyes I witnessed Samantha Fox's "Naughty Girls Need Love (Version 2) Extended Remix." This was music video-making with no expenses spared! It was like 10 minutes long in a day and age when most music videos last a couple of minutes before some veejay cuts in along with a throng of screaming teenagers in the background.

Let me tell you that Fox's extended version of the video was hot. There were black dudes with jerry curls and bejeweled jean jackets dancing in a rain slicked back alley with garbage cans full of flames. Then there was Samantha with her pink hair and pink socks.

Just when I thought this bad boy was coming to a close, here comes the lengthy interlude. It was an extended drum break complete with dimly lit erotic scenes of Samantha with a faceless, non-descript male partner. It was all tastefully accentuated with strobe lighting that would keep pace with the fast edits.

It all brought back pre-pubecent memories of hanging out my friend Shane's garage/bedroom. Shane's mom was pretty loose with rules and allowed Shane a poster of a topless Samantha Fox, in all of her glory, with a wet dress shirt draped carelessly off of her shoulders. We would marvel at how the lighting in the shot revealed peach fuzz on her breasts. Those were the good ole days.

So, I'm back in the car dealership to witness a second offering of Samantha Fox on VH1 Classic. This time it's "Touch Me, I Want Your Body." This video is not so provocative. Some service technician says, "You need new breaks, it'll be $300." I say, no thanks, I'll have it done another time. He says "It could cost you more if you wait." I stand firm.

Next up: videos from Sheena Easton and Donna Summer. I swear I was witnessing this season's roll-out of celebrity judges on "American Idol." Or maybe the next cast of the "Surreal Live." Dude comes back out and says, "There's a nail in your left, front tire. You can either pay us for a whole new tire, or take it to a tire shop." I say I'll take it to the tire shop.

Cost of scheduled maintenance: pre-paid.
Cost of hot chocolate and satellite TV: free.
Cost of not paying for new brakes and a tire: savings of $400.
Cost of reliving youth with has-been divas: priceless.
For everything else, there's a non-auto-dealer repair shop.

3 comments:

Martini Love said...

I love VH1... always great stuff going on there!!

course photography said...

Hi O-dogg, your blog is excellent. As I was surfing around today looking for detailed info on photography workshop I somehow ended up on your page. As your Naughty Girls Need Love 2? is not exactly related to my search, I am certainly glad I stopped by. Oh well, back to surfing and I am sure I will find what I am looking for, and should you ever need information about photography workshop, then stop by for a look. Thanks for the post.

photography workshop said...

Hi O-dogg, I was out blog surfing looking for some info on course photography when I ended up on your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but your topic caught my eye. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for course photography. I am going to
bookmark your site for future reference and reading. Should you ever need it, you can get specific information about course photography at the site above.